The Central Office for German Schools Abroad (ZFA)
The Central Office for Schools Abroad supervises the school work abroad with over 100 employees, more than 50 expert consultations for German as a foreign language and 16 process facilitators. Around the world, around 1,200 schools, including 140 German schools abroad, which are predominantly privately run, receive personnel and financial support.
There are around 2,000 teachers in various capacities at these facilities. During their work abroad they are supervised organisationally, pedagogically and financially by the central office for german schools abroad.
The tasks of ZfA include:
- - Educational and administrative advice for German schools and educational institutions abroad as well as support in setting up a quality management system
- - Acquisition, selection and placement of teachers for use at the German Schools abroad, German-profile schools and Language Diploma schools as well as in the public education system
- - Preparation, further education of teachers
- - Financial support for local german teachers and program teachers from germany
- - Preparation for German and international degrees
- - Development and execution of examinations in the field of German as a Foreign Language (German Language Diploma of the Conference of Ministers of Education)
- - German language teaching
- - Vocational education
- - Grants under the Foreign Cultural and Educational Policy
- - Building structures for international cooperation